Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Victoria's Seasonal Changes!

This fall, poor little Tori took a fall!

She was dancing in her bedroom when she tumbled over and accidentally fractured the growth plate in her foot. So, bless her heart, she's in a cast for the next five weeks. Through it all, she's been a great trooper! She gets along fairly well with her crutches, but when she's tired of them, she hops along on one foot.

Not only has she temporary lost the use of her foot/leg...
but she also lost another tooth and is in the process of losing her first top tooth as well! She was so excited to find out that the "tooth fairy" knew she had moved to Mexico.

She has been working hard these past several weeks to bring her math and phonics grades up a few points.

I'm proud to say that she did WONDERFUL
on her weekly test!


Her reading is also coming along well. Sometimes it's hard for me to know just what to expect from her (I am so NOT a teacher...Anne, Joanna, Julie, Rachel, Nancy...etc!). However, I am very pleased with her progress. She is doing excellent with counting by 2's, memorizing math families, counting American money, learning special phonic sounds and spelling. On top of that she learns poetry and also Bible verses.

Because of her broken foot, she has had to drop out of her swim classes...much to her dismay. At the time when her foot was broken, she had learned to swim under water and to stroke. (Before she started classes she would have NEVER dreamed of immersing her head under water...baptism was definitely out of the question for her!)

The other day she told me, "Mom, I want to have a real job when I get big." "Really", I replied. "What are you thinking about?" "Well, I want to be a veterinarian" "Oh, why is that?" I asked.
(It surprised me because although she loves animals, she HATES blood and we've explained that in that profession, she would be exposed at some time in her career to something open and bloody.)
"Oh, that's easy! Cuz I want to have one of those cool white coats to wear!"

Hmmm,
not the response I was looking for. She definitely is showing signs of being "all girl'!

We love the fact that God has given us
such a wonderful gift in Tori.

What a blessing the children
are in our lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dancing is sin. It is no wonder to me that she got hurt.

Jack Hyles