Wednesday, August 13, 2008

July-La Isla Part B

Well, it's taken us about a month but we are finally beginning to see a dream
come true in the form of "La Isla"!


I am not much of "manual labor" type girl, but Jeff had me helping him paint ceilings, "cutting in" and rolling walls in the teen house! (I feel like I could open my own painting business now...Jim Miller, look out-here I come!) On most days, the kids stayed busy squashing bugs for us while we worked in the house. Although Tori, Tyler and I only went over a few times for the big clean up projects, Jeff has pretty much been over there every day working most of the day. He's so committed to giving the youth a place of their own.

The house itself was very (VERY) rough... however, after weeks of scrubbing, painting, electrical work, de-roaching, plumbing, landscaping, planning, and cleaning, and painting, and cleaning, and painting (did I mention "cleaning" and painting??) the doors of La Isla are FINALLY opened to the public! We still have a long way to go, but we are thrilled to see things slowly falling into place.

As I mentioned in a previous blog update we have a vision for each room in the house; however, in order to see the house completed, it will take finances that we don't currently have in our budget. To help with these expenses, Jeff and I are organizing a large bazaar-yard sale. We have been collecting goodies for weeks and finally have it all organized, priced and ready to be sold. Please be in prayer as we attempt our first "big" fundraiser for youth house. We'll keep you posted on how it goes for us.

No comments: